Disciplined Agile® Certification Process & Guidelines
Introduction to Disciplined Agile®
Disciplined Agile, in contrast to other Agile solutions, is not a technique but rather a toolkit that uses other practices to deliver the appropriate direction, depending on the situation. The Disciplined Agile brings a new wave of thinking. Furthermore, Disciplined Agile is intended to offer Business Agility for the entire business, not just a team. It is essentially created for the team and the entire organization, unlike other Agile certifications and even PMI-ACP.
You will be able to lead an Agile team and/or several agile teams with the aid of this certification, as well as take on highly competitive organizational roles. With DASSM, you may select your WoW (Way of Working) for better outcomes while embracing the Scrum and Lean techniques and adopting the agility mentality.
Different Life Cycles, ranging from the prescriptive Scrum to Lean to Program to Exploratory to Continuous Scrum and Continuous Lean, are discussed in Disciplined Agile. Organizational Capabilities (Process Blades) are discussed. In order for your team to be really agile, other organizational departments like IT, Operations, Sales, and Marketing must also adopt Agile practices and tactics. It also discusses process capabilities, which support decision-making with appropriate considerations in the context of the scenario. It discusses a variety of fresh approaches to applying Agile, transforming your team into an Agile organization over time.
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process framework that provides a holistic and flexible approach to enterprise agile development. It is different from a practice in that it is not a single, specific practice or method (such as Scrum or Kanban), but rather a collection of practices that can be tailored to the specific needs of an organization. DA provides guidance on how to apply agile and lean principles in a realistic and pragmatic way, and it covers the full lifecycle of a project from idea to delivery. It also provides guidance on how to integrate agile practices with other important enterprise concerns such as governance, compliance, and scalability.
Disciplined Agile Scrum Master®
In the field of agile, the Certified Disciplined Agilist Scrum Master (DASM) certification is a recent achievement. It provides a potent blend of Scrum, Lean, and Disciplined Agile ideas in a single lesson, which increases the effectiveness of implementing Agile in your organization.
It covers the complete Agile landscape now in use and offers choices and trade-offs to help your firm become more agile. Numerous Agile methods have been found to be inapplicable since every team and circumstance is different.
The knowledge of many Agile life cycles is at your disposal as a Certified Disciplined Agilist Scrum Master (DASM), and you are aware of the circumstances in which each life cycle will be more appropriate. Additionally, as a toolkit, it offers various alternatives for your projects to make decisions, enabling your project to provide value in the shortest amount of time and in the most efficient way possible.
Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master®
DASSM Certification, a credential granted by PMI® to professionals who successfully complete the DASSM® certification course and demonstrate their knowledge by passing the test, attests to your competence as a Scrum Professional. The Project Management Institute (PMI)® recognizes ProThoughts Solutions as a Disciplined Agile Partner and a Prime Accredited Training Partner (ATP).
The DASSM® certification is a logical next step for agile practitioners who want to lead their business and agile team more effectively. Holders of the DASSM® certification are prepared to handle the complicated issues that teams commonly run into since they are knowledgeable with agile, lean, and the DA toolset.
Disciplined agile combines a multitude of processes, including portfolio management, solution delivery security, and finance, to produce the best possible business outcomes. This creates a solid foundation for business agility. Organizations with high agility think their initiatives have a higher chance of achieving their initial objectives and business goals than those with low agility.
Why Disciplined Agile® Certification?
Disciplined Agile (DA) is essential for your company’s success for a number of reasons:
- With the help of DA, you can excel at improving. DA is more concerned with assisting you in becoming a learning organization than merely offering a list of “best practices” that might not be relevant to your situation.
- Enterprise agility has a firm basis, thanks to DA. Regardless of business role, everyone in your firm may gain from clear instructions to simplify their procedures. Not just software development is addressed by DA, but the entire organization.
- Through DA, you may expand on the significant investment your business has already made in your present way of working (WoW). If your company uses Scrum, Kanban, SAFe®, LeSS, or other widely accepted methodologies, DA demonstrates how to enhance and expand upon such frameworks. Because DA is a hybrid and doesn’t need everyone to operate in the same way, it gives suggestions for how your teams currently using a more traditional approach to teamwork may enhance their WoW. Even when WoW isn’t nimble, it still maintains discipline.
- You can learn how to become a learning organization through DA. Although adopting an agile framework may be a smart beginning step, it is not your ultimate objective. Being a learning company that can continuously develop via experimentation and learning allows you to serve your customers and citizens better, which can only be achieved with a real transformation.
Difference Between DASM®, DASSM® & PMI-ACP®
You may now get your Disciplined Agile Certification with little effort. The certifications for Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) and Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM) are included in the same group. However, there are differences between the DASM, PMI-ACP, and DASSM. The DASM is an entry-level certification that does not require experience, in contrast to the PMI-ACP, which also requires experience, and the DASSM. Before taking the test, students must complete a comprehensive training course for the DASM and DASSM.
Who should choose DASSM and Who should Choose DASM?
Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM) and Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) are certifications offered by the Disciplined Agile Consortium (DAC). Both certifications are intended for individuals who are involved in leading and managing agile development projects, but there are some key differences between the two.
DASM is intended for individuals who are new to the role of Scrum Master or who have some experience in the role but want to learn more about the Disciplined Agile framework. It focuses on the basics of agile development and Scrum, as well as how to apply the Disciplined Agile framework to a Scrum project.
DASSM, on the other hand, is intended for individuals who have a significant amount of experience as a Scrum Master and want to take their skills to the next level. It focuses on more advanced topics such as leading and coaching large and complex agile projects, as well as integrating agile practices with other enterprise concerns such as governance and compliance.
In summary, DASM is for individuals who want to learn the basics of Disciplined Agile Scrum Framework. DASSM is for individuals who already have a good understanding of Agile and Scrum and want to take their skills to the next level by learning how to lead and coach large and complex agile projects, as well as integrating agile practices with other enterprise concerns.
The 50 multiple-choice questions in the test are answered online. All of the test’s questions are distributed at random throughout. The 120-minute test session includes 30 minutes for the overview, lecture, and survey; the exam itself can last up to 90 minutes.
The Disciplined Agile® eLearning Online Course or an instructor-led Disciplined Agile® course offered by a PMI Authorized Training Provider must both be successfully completed in order to acquire the certification.
A completed course qualifies a person to apply for the certification test. You need two years of work experience in an agile team, preferably in a leadership position such as a Disciplined Agile scrum master, product owner, scrum master, or architectural owner, to be eligible for the Disciplined Agile® certification.
- Gain knowledge: Learn from a PMI Premier Authorized Training Partner and Disciplined Agile Partner.
- Check the Disciplined Agile® Simulator: Make arrangements to take your certification exam after going on with the PMaspire Disciplined Agile® Exam Simulator. To pass the 90-minute, closed-book, multiple-choice exam, you must receive a score of at least 70%. (35 out of 50 questions right).
- Obtain Disciplined Agile® Certification: After completing the test, you are recognized as a Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master.
Experience the best Disciplined Agile® Exam Simulator & Pass on First Try!
Disclaimer: DA®, DASM®, DASSM® are the Registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.