PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects.
This recognition is seen through increased marketability to employers and higher salary; according to the PMI Project Management Salary Survey–Seventh Edition, certification positively impacts project manager salaries.
Our project management training courses offer Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge-Sixth Edition (PMBOK®Guide) theory and best practices paired with hands-on, real-world exercises taught by instructors who are experienced, PMP®-certified professionals.
Length: 36 Hours
Delivery Method: Class Room Training, Private Onsite, 1 on 1 Training
PMI PDUs: 36 PDUs
Text Book: Project Management Body of Knowledge-Sixth Edition (PMBOK®Guide) [2021 Edition]
If you are taking this course, you probably have some professional exposure to the duties of a project manager, or you may be considering embarking on a career in professional project management. Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management—both on the job and through professional certification—is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to successfully manage projects.
Project managers who have proven skills and experience can find exciting, high-visibility opportunities in a wide range of fields. This course is specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge and skills that you need to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
Who Should Take This Course:
- PMP candidates.
- Mid-level Project Managers.
- Those who want or need training requirements to become PMP ® certified
- Those who want to build-up their knowledge in agile and hybrid approaches
As per the PMI’s pre-requisite for PMP
- A four-year degree – 36 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM® Certification
- A high school diploma or an associate’s degree (or global equivalent)
- 60 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM® Certification This course satisfies the 35 hours of project management training requirement
Course-specific Technical Requirements
For this course, students will need complete systems to access your virtual classroom if you are presenting remotely. They will need Microsoft Office applications to access the sample documents and templates. Each computer will need the following general hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor’s computer screen.
- Microsoft® Office 365™ license (which provides the Microsoft Office apps)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
Benefits to you
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Pass the PMP® Exam offered by the Project Management Institute, with full confidence
- Identify gaps in your knowledge that may hurt you on the exam
- Be more comfortable with the types of questions you will see on the exam
- Use tips to pass the exam that have been used successfully by thousands of people
- Utilize your personalized test taking strategy
- Apply project management techniques useful in the real world
- Be a better project manager
PMP® Certification Benefits:
- Globally recognized and most respected Project Management Certification
- Establish your competency and legitimacy in Project Management
- Increase you visibility and become recognized within your organization and peer circle
- Make use of the best practices in Project Management and increase the success rate of your Projects
- Certified Project Managers earn 20% more salary than Project Managers not having Certification (Globally conducted survey with independent audits and hosted on PMI website)
Our course package contains:
- Assistance with your PMI® PMP® application processing
- A 35-hour instructor led course in Project Management Education (PMP® certification exam requirement)
- 36 hours of intensive classroom training
- More than 600 PMP® Exam-style practice questions
- Student Recall Sheet (knowledge of necessary formulas and process information)
- Course completion certificate
For more information, to register a course, or get a custom quote, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesson 1: Creating a High-Performing Team
- Topic A: Build a Team
- Topic B: Define Team Ground Rules
- Topic C: Negotiate Project Agreements
- Topic D: Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
- Topic E: Train Team Members and Stakeholders
- Topic F: Engage and Support Virtual Teams
- Topic G: Build Shared Understanding about a Project
Lesson 2: Starting the Project
- Topic A: Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods and Practices
- Topic B: Plan and Manage Scope
- Topic C: Plan and Manage Budget and Resources
- Topic D: Plan and Manage Schedule
- Topic E: Plan and Manage Quality of Products and Deliverables
- Topic F: Integrate Project Planning Activities
- Topic G: Plan and Manage Procurement
- Topic H: Establish Project Governance Structure
- Topic I: Plan and Manage Project/Phase Closure
Lesson 3: Doing the Work
- Topic A: Assess and Manage Risks
- Topic B: Execute Project to Deliver Business Value
- Topic C: Manage Communications
- Topic D: Engage Stakeholders
- Topic E: Create Project Artifacts
- Topic F: Manage Project Changes
- Topic G: Manage Project Issues
- Topic H: Ensure Knowledge Transfer for Project Continuity
Lesson 4: Keeping the Team on Track
- Topic A: Lead a Team
- Topic B: Support Team Performance
- Topic C: Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles, and Blockers
- Topic D: Manage Conflict
- Topic E: Collaborate with Stakeholders
- Topic F: Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
- Topic G: Apply Emotional Intelligence to Promote Team Performance
Lesson 5: Keeping the Business in Mind
- Topic A: Manage Compliance Requirements
- Topic B: Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
- Topic C: Evaluate and Address Internal and External Business Environment Changes
- Topic D: Support Organizational Change
- Topic E: Employ Continuous Process Improvement
Lesson 6: – Simulated PMP Exam & Certificate
- Course Exercises
- Each chapter contains practice exercises targeted at the range of learning styles (Visual, Kinaesthetic, Auditory)
- Network Diagram Exercises
- Earned Value Exercises
- Practice Tests
Course Scheduling Options:
Option 1: Friday (9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
Option 2: Saturday (9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
*For corporate training & group participants, the course scheduled will be planned based on need basis.
Bernd Michael HauptPMP, CPIM, MBA, MIM | Authorized PMP Instructor from PMI
Michael Haupt is the partner and project management instructor at PMaspire which is a leading provider of instructor-led Project Management Workshops and Training offered in flexible training formats suitable for virtually any learning situation.
Michael is also a Professor teaching Project Management Courses for DeVry University in Sherman Oaks, California and the Keller Graduate School of Management in Sherman Oaks, California.
Michael also worked as an Engagement Manager and was involved with the largest Aerospace & Defense SAP ERP/EVMS system implementation in the United States for the F-35 Program at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth, Texas.
He was the Industry Director for Oracle Corporation’s Aerospace and Defense Practice, and the Industry Manager for Aerospace and Defense for SAP America and the Baan Company helping with the design, development and implementation of their ERP systems for Aerospace and Defense.
He has worked in implementation consulting for Accenture and Cap Gemini/Ernst & Young. He managed the design and development of the Ticketing System for the 1984 Olympics. He also served as the President of Frontier Solutions, a management consulting and education firm in Calabasas, California.
Mr. Haupt has over 37 years of experience in Program/Project management, Earned Value Management, ERP System Design and Implementation, and Sales and Marketing of complex ERP/Supply Chain Management, EVMS/Program and Project Management Systems for the Aerospace and Defense Industry. He holds a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and is APICS certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and is a frequent speaker at APICS International conferences and APICS dinner meetings, PMI dinner meetings, as well as other Aerospace & Defense related organization meetings.
Michael holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Masters of Business Administration from Texas Christian University and a Masters of International Management from Baylor University.
List of Project Management Certification:
- 01 Project Management Professional (PMP®) from PMI License # 1626799
- 02 Production and Inventory Management Certificate (CPIM) from APICS
- 03 Scrum Fundamentals Certificate from SCRUMstudy
- 04 Agile Project Management Certificate from ITU University
- 05 Dream Builder Coaching Certificate from Life Mastery Institute
Key Project Experience:
- 37+ years of experience in Project/Program/Agile Management
- Engagement Manager for the SAP ERP/EVMS Implementation for the F-35 Program for Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth, Texas
- Industry Director for the design, development and implementation of ERP systems for the Aerospace and Defense Industry for Oracle, SAP and the Baan Company. Largest clients included Boeing and Lockheed Martin.
Michael Haupt has been an agile Practitioner for the last 15 years and managed many agile projects using Agile and Scrum Management. He is Scrum Fundamentals Certified by SCRUMstudy and Agile Project Management Certified by ITU University.