Why organizations Employees & Employers both Should consider PMP®
Project Management Professional (PMP®) is the abbreviation. For the benefit of management professionals, the Project Management Institute (PMI) offers the PMP® certification. Organizations frequently utilize the certification, which has gained international reputation, to assess the project managers’ capability. To acquire a competitive advantage in your field, managers in sectors like IT, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Education, Publishing, Professional services, Finance and Insurance industries etc; should go for the PMP® certification.
The field of project management is a popular one right now. This is due to the fact that it is not restricted to a single industry and has greatly boosted the number of work opportunities in all industries. Put your best foot forward if you want to take advantage of these many chances. Getting certified in project management might assist you in doing the same.
Why do businesses want certification for their Employees?
When recruiting project managers or coordinators, recruiters distinguish between resumes that have the PMP® certification and those that do not. The following reasons are why they favor qualified professionals:
- Greater demand: Professionals without a PMP® certification won’t even be taken into highly regulated fields like IT, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Education, Publishing, Professional services, Finance and Insurance industries. There will undoubtedly be a PMP® certification requirement for you if you work for a company that has submitted a bid for a government project. This rule, however, should not be applied to solely government organizations. Certain businesses have a style of operation that necessitates rigorous adherence to established procedures. And A PMP® is definitely required for it.
- It guarantees that Employees may communicate in the common language: The majority of a project manager’s time is spent interacting with each other, which varies from project to project. Speaking the same language as their team members, sponsors, program managers, etc., the project manager ensures that everyone is on the same page. Even while there is no guarantee that all potential misunderstandings will be avoided, having a team full of PMP®-certified individuals lowers the likelihood of such occurrences. This is due to the fact that everyone in the team is aware of what each approach and procedure aims to accomplish.
- Enables the repeatable and systematic management of projects: A collection of standardized, repeatable procedures are used by project management experts all around the world to address a variety of issues. The standardization of procedures and the importance of project management have been the emphasis of PMI. You can manage risk in all projects with the help of the papers, resources, and procedures that PMI supports. Additionally, it guarantees that your team members and the partner business are in agreement on the approach to risk identification and management.
Benefits for the Employees:
- Satisfy the standards of the sector: Every industry, whether it be in information technology, healthcare, or automotive, has managers. What all of these sectors have in common is a constant need for competent and professional managers who can successfully manage corporate operations. Candidates who earn the PMP® certification get benefits across several important industrial areas.
- Global recognition: The PMP® is the path for you if you desire the flexibility of working from any location in the globe with your current educational credentials and certifications. It is one of the certificates with a stellar reputation and is accepted everywhere. It is proved that the PMP® certification is recognized in 100 and more nations.
- Greater compensation: Candidates have the possibility to advance in pay scale by completing the PMP® certification. Managers receive knowledge and experience from the training that they can use to stay ahead of competitors in their industry. According to a PMI survey, a PMP® certified professional typically makes around 24% more than a non-certified professional.
- Credibility: Your resume must make a good impression if you want to get the attention of potential employers right away. You make an impression even before you meet your employers face to face thanks to the PMP® certification. Every sector has a need for experts who are continually improving their abilities. Your management career may be significantly affected by taking the PMP® exam.
- Handle projects and activities that are difficult to complete: If you’re a professional who values a challenge at work, you should start working to obtain your PMP® certification. You have the chance to take on brand-new professional challenges with PMP®. You get the skill to deal with these difficulties diplomatically.
Benefits for the Employers:
Every business wants to perform better than its rivals and opponents, and there is a continual need to recruit qualified personnel. A business that hires managers with PMP® certifications will have the following advantages:
- More benefit: A manager who has completed PMP®, offers benefit to the organization they are working with. Employing PMP® certified managers gives businesses the peace of mind that their company initiatives are in good hands.
- An organization’s work culture: The work culture improves when certified managers oversee projects since their subordinates learn a lot from their expertise. The team members were inspired by the manager’s approach to project management. This enhances the overall workplace culture.
- Deliver and Complete projects successfully: Failure of a project may result from a variety of factors, including inability to satisfy customer demands, an unrealistic deadline, insufficient resources, financial issues, etc. Managers, however, gain the ability to manage projects with remarkable efficiency, intelligence, and subtlety with a PMP® certification, This makes it possible to handle the project more responsibly and with fewer errors.
The PMP® certification delivers enormous value in the field of project management as a tool that benefits not only the person receiving the certification but also the companies hiring the certified personnel.